Saturday, January 14, 2012

The First Annual Utah Sports Radio All-Star Team

     Would you say we have a plethora of sports radio stations in Utah?  A what?  A plethora.  ha ha. Oh yes, we have a plethora.

      With so many solid radio stations here, it is difficult to pick one to listen to.  I have gone through and picked the All-Stars of Utah sports Radio for your enjoyment.

6 AM-8 AM
"DJ and PK" With David James and Patrick Kinahan.

     These two have been a mainstay on the sports radio scene for more than a decade now.  Their show keeps you entertained and informed.  I am always amazed at how many people PK is able to troll each day.  I guess when people don't realize what is going on, it's pretty easy to get them riled up.

8 AM-10 AM
"Manly Morning Show" With Kyle Gunther and Hans Olsen

     This show will almost be as polarizing as Tim Tebow and LeBron James.  But I like it.  You have two guys who played at Utah and BYU.  They love to discuss the ins and outs of the game and you would have no better source on the radio for going inside the huddle.

10 AM-12 Noon
"The Red and Blue Show" with Jan Jorgenson and JD Jorgenson

     As with the prior show, you have former Utah and BYU players.  In this case, they also happen to be brothers.  I listened to these guys do a show together the other day and loved it.

12 Noon-2 PM
"The Rock and Roll show" with Brad Rock and Jeremiah Jensen

      These two love their jobs and you can tell.  I have listened to both fill in for different stations in town on occasion and they impressed me enough to earn an all-star spot.  I find it to be a travesty that no one has picked them up.

2 PM-4 PM
"Riley and Wrubell"

      Yep, you guessed it.  Bill Riley and Greg Wrubell host this show.  The play by play men of the local teams would be a fun dynamic when put together.  Of course, they might drive each other nuts.  But hey, it makes for great radio.

4 PM-6 PM
"The Big Show" with David Locke and Gordon Monson.

    I admit, I put this duo together mostly for comedy's sake.  I am not sure if there is any radio studio on earth big enough to contain the combined egos of Locke and Monson, but it would be fun to try.  I like Locke.  And I like Monson.  It would be fun to listen to them together, in the way that it would be fun to watch a caged, starving lion be let loose to face a caged, starving tiger.  Let the comic mishaps ensue!

6 PM-8 PM
"The S&S Show" with Spencer Checketts and Scott Garrard

    I don't know here, I just like the pairing.  It would make for fun listening as both bring insights and analysis to the table.  I like them at this hour too.

8 PM-10 PM
"Hardball" with Jake Scott and Ben Bagley

    These two would be great in the slot where they recap the day, play the best audio, talk about the way things played out in the evening and get everyone ready for the next day.

10 PM-midnight.
"Fight night" with Sean O'connell.

     OC knows MMA and UFC and the sport is getting a large following.  This would be a great spot for a talented host to talk about one of his passions.

     So there you have it............what b\would you folks like to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment