Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A YouTube channel?

    Ok, so here is how this post came to be. 

    On Sunday night, the Jazz played a franchise-record four overtime game.  Coach Ty Corbin did not choose to substitute fresh legs into the game at critical times and the team lost.

   On Monday, Ben Bagley of 1320 KFAN was ready on monday wtih his usual "fans are idiots, they shouldn't question Ty" schtick.  Of course, Bagley works for the same group that own the Jazz. 
 
    Twitter blew up.  Jazz fans don't like being called idiots because they question the head coach during a loss.  Jazz fans are knowledgeable and passionate.  In high numbers, people turned off Ben Bagley and turned on the alternatives. 

    As Jazz fans, we thought it would be cool make our own youtube channel where ideas can be discussed without immature name calling. 

    The response surprised me.  This is a list of those who told me that they wanted to participate:

    Thought this would be a good forum to discuss ideas and come up with a plan.  If anyone else wants in, or if those already in have an idea, leave a comment!  lets get this going! 


  @SurlyMae
  @crackalacka22
  @davidjsmith1232
  @tysonhtweets
  @kyle11kirkham (Kyle is not allowed to produce any content unless ammon approves it first)
  @canadianbraeden
   @dianaallen
  @da_breezman
  @jazzyvandalute
  @davidwilbur
  @jeugenebennett
  @shandonfan   

                 

10 comments:

  1. Ill give my take about this......I dont know enough about YouTube to start the channel. I think @RealFansStand mentioned he could do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am @realfansstand and I am willing to do whatever we need to get this thing rolling. I have my own commitments for football season, but I would love to do this for Jazz comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome. any chance you could start and run the channel itself? I think you mentioned you had experience in design and what not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally in. All I can contribute is insight and love. I know some Jazz tweeps have been doing google+ hangouts (video chats with up to ten people). Can you record those and post them to YouTube? that might be the easiest way to do this if it's possible.

    @CanadianBraeden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I can set it up and run it. Did we come up with a name?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think we are going with "Jazz idiots" but not sure on that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think maybe a roundtable discussion would be fun (meet up with a few fans).

    Or have individual contributors. Interviews?

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you want to get into video production and editing and stuff, I can help out...

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is @crackalacka22. I'm down for giving insight. I don't have too much experience doing design etc. But I'm a basketball/Jazz junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @davidwilbur here, this will be fun. I like the google plus idea.

    ReplyDelete